This view looks north up 4th street, from just above Court Avenue. The Kirkwood Hotel is on the left. It was replaced with the current building in 1930, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Observatory Building was built in 1895 and was one of the tallest buildings in the Midwest for several years. The Observatory Building was demolished in 1937, and is the current site of Capitol Square.
U.S. and International copyright laws protect this digital image. Commercial use or distribution of the image is not permitted without prior permission of the copyright holder. For permission to use the digital image, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org