This was the second out of three buildings that have been called The Savery. The first structure closed in 1878. This second building opened at a new location in 1888 to much fanfare. The entire building was lit by electric light, quite a novelty in 1888. The Savery housed the Des Moines Chamber of Commerce and was the center of all things political in Iowa. This building was torn down and a new Savery Hotel was built on the site in 1919.
U.S. and International copyright laws protect this digital image. Commercial use or distribution of the image is not permitted without prior permission of the copyright holder. For permission to use the digital image, please contact: email@example.com