Highland Park College was organized by a group of businessmen in 1889. The cornerstone was laid in the fall of 1889 and the college opened in September 1890. At the time this picture was taken, attendance at the college averaged about 2,000 students. In 1920, it merged with Central College and Des Moines College to become Des Moines University. The school closed in 1929. Current site of the Park Fair Mall.
U.S. and International copyright laws protect this digital image. Commercial use or distribution of the image is not permitted without prior permission of the copyright holder. For permission to use the digital image, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org