Automobiles, trolley cars, and horse drawn carriages all shared the road on Walnut Street in downtown Des Moines. On the left is the original Kirkwood Hotel, replaced in 1930 by the current building. On the right is a variety of clothing, and dry goods retailers. These stores stood on the current site of the Capitol Square Office Building. Davidson's, visible on the left, was Iowa's largest furniture store.
U.S. and International copyright laws protect this digital image. Commercial use or distribution of the image is not permitted without prior permission of the copyright holder. For permission to use the digital image, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org