The Municipal Building serves as Des Moines' City Hall. This was Des Moines' second City Hall, the original having stood at 2nd and Locust Streets. The new City Hall was built in 1910. The city council was adamant that this new edifice to local government not be called City Hall. To this end they had 'Municipal Building' carved into the building's stone walls. The structure is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is a well preserved example of Beaux Arts classical architecture.
U.S. and International copyright laws protect this digital image. Commercial use or distribution of the image is not permitted without prior permission of the copyright holder. For permission to use the digital image, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org